Thursday, December 24, 2009

'twas the night before Christmas...

I am listening to the poor Prince who is down in the basement bathroom, being protected from the 2 degree low that we are forecast to have tonight.(When I called at 11PM it was exactly zero, and then the wind began to howl about 1:23 precisely!) He is very sad and yowling, which is odd for him. He is a very quiet guy. I sat and brushed and talked with him for a long time, but he still didn't seem to quiet himself. I may have to go read him a story after a bit. (He fell asleep when I read the Weight of Water...it's not a very riveting book...)
It has been a cold day all day and it seems like a great time for some vegtable rice soup. That would be a great thing to have for the carpenderman I share (heart and house)space with, since he has been busy doing a bathroom remodel for the last few days...
I have had a nice day of baking, and cleaning and having Lynx, my good friend over for some tea. We listened to Pandora for awhile and talked about Juda and what is going on with all our kids. Family tensions are running high for her and she is rather upset by all that, understandably. Family can be most delightful and trying at the same time. It is a good time to do some meditation and yoga I think. It is hopeful that the days are getting longer now ...life will be brighter in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment