Friday, November 27, 2009

BusyBustlingBoilingBisbee

TODAY is called Black Friday. Yikes, all that was quiet about Bisbee was taken away today...the hordes are here. It became apparent that it is indeed a tourist town, and what keeps it alive are tourists, and it's true that I am one,(and I did buy some jewelry and honey and postcards) but I am not much of a fan of the crowds. We have canceled plans to eat out tonight and nibble on left overs, of which there are plenty. I have been scooting around taking pictures of patterns that catch my eye and different ways folks have decorated their yards and stuff I might see that has many conjugations. Tomorrow we have plans to venture off to Benson, which I believe has little or no appeal to the masses, but our main purpose is to hook up with some folks from Tucson and are good, good friends. I think we can manage to have a picnic and  a place to have conversation. Here's some of the photos, I am having the best time taking them!! We had a lovely (but massive) baking and eating day yesterday.It's SO fun to have this time here and to hide away at the J&R hotel...



I'm going to try this again. I am not having the best luck with my posting, but if at first you don't succeed...



I am loving the diversity of the natural and the human inspired creations, and it is apparent that the"juice" is flowing here. I am also nourished by that blue in the sky, and the transformation of an old mining town into a dig for the artist types. People seem friendly and fairly down to earth. I was thinking that mostly there were young folks here, but today, I saw some of the elders tromping around with walkers and canes(these are my people!!) Today is the last of the way warm days before I leave on Monday. The forecast is mentioning cooler temps with chances of rain and ...snow(?!!!) I'll just have to run away to Texas.









1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! They are very eye catching and make me keep wanting to look more and more. I also like your flowers on your yoga sight. I could not figure out how to comment on that blog. I want to get the children's book you reccommended - Tree, Frog, etc. ? I want to try it with my students. It sounds easy enough for me to do. I'll order it when I return. Have a good time in Texas!

    ReplyDelete