Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bisbee


I landed into this funny place called Bisbee on Monday evening. I've been here before but not for about 45 or 46 years. Things were a bit different then and I was only 7 years old in January 1964. I went to the courthouse today and somehow it was a tiny bit familiar, but a lot of what I remember has been modernized.

I came to see my daughter Juda who adopted me some time ago. She(and the side kick dudefriend,R-man, and dogis) has an adorable house(all decorated with shells, rocks and shells) and works downtown at the coffee roasters. We walked up and down the hills earlier today and very ingenous and bold that humans have figured out how to stay on the sides of canyons and build all sorts of constructs to dwell in, many of which have disappeared with the wind and dust, but some whispers remain, steps that go nowhere...a wall here or an ore car that was used as a crapper there.

There are quite a few creative folks who have painted bright designs or outrageous colors on random houses...some murals and sculptures and contageous energy. I stopped by the chocolate shoppe and asked about their hours. ( I didn't buy anything there, yet...)I guess they are just opening after a bit of time off...




Anyway, it's refreshing and invigorating to visit a fun community like this and see how the kids are doing down here. Looking forward to having a great(buttered up) holiday and then blasting off to my next stop in Denton, Texas!! Word to y'all eating tomorrow...pace yourselves and keep some time for walking in your day, you may need it for more than one reason. Love to all you friends and fellow inhabitants of the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment