Saturday, October 24, 2009

It takes alot of patience!

I would like to get the siding up on the green house right away. There is much to do before that can happen. First we have to cut the flashing for the bottom of the outside of the wall, then bend it and fit it, and nail it up...then we have to put some tar paper up and staple that in place and then rip the boards on a saw so that the edges are even (it once was a fence that didn't have even edges) and then put up a nailing board, and ,and and. It's a little like sewing or baking or many other worthwhile projects. The end is not an easy destination to get to, and it may sound easy to do until you examine all the pieces to get there.
Last night we took a break and hung out with our card game friends and played a number of games, the most ridiculous and fun I think was Go Fish using different accents for the asking part. (I had totally forgotten that you ask some one if they have a 2 or something else). This was very difficult to come up with accents with Buck Owens blaring in the background...he brought out the southern twang in all of us. B. had a good Jamaican accent which I think he must have picked up in Panama. I must have come home with a good vibe because the cat sat on top of me and purred all night even after I tossed her to the foot of the bed to go potty a couple of times. Anyway, it was good to hear of every one's adventures in home buying, the thought of home buying and all the exhaustion that plays in to stay afloat in the working world.
I have started to saw some wood for burning (yes! my shoulder is working again!!)and rummaging through the piles of wood I have buried treasures in...and I found the nicest wood this morning, that is very dense and has red bark,and already cut into stove sized pieces...don't have any idea what kind of wood it is, but I like it!!
It's supposed to get windy this afternoon, and especially along the foothills...and where do we live? You guessed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment